[discuss] What is to replace the NTIA?

McTim mctimconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:30:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:13 AM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:
> When considering all the inputs on this list one sees that:
>
> 1. the Internet City currently work without a Mayor in being ultimately
> policed by the NTIA.

Untrue in a variety of ways.  The Internet is not synonymous with the
DNS and the DNS is not "policed" by NTIA.

> 2. Internet City however grows larger and larger and has started distrusting
> its sheriff.

The Internet is growing larger certainly.  I would not say "sheriff" I
would say Clerk of the City Council, and yes that Clerk is less
trusted now, not because of his role as Clerk however, but because of
an unrelated egregious act.

rgds,

McTim