[discuss] ICANN governance structure

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Mar 19 18:32:06 UTC 2014

His latest speech before the US Congress capture his main ideas about ICANN. Unfortunately the US Congress Website doesn´t work anymore. I have a paper copy but do not find now. Will scan and distribute it as soon I have it. Probably somebody else has the text.

 <https://server1.medienkomm.uni-halle.de/exchange/kleinwaechter/Entw%C3%BCrfe/AW:%20[discuss]%20ICANN%20governance%20structure.EML/Images/tinyblurtarr.gif>  <https://server1.medienkomm.uni-halle.de/exchange/kleinwaechter/Entw%C3%BCrfe/AW:%20[discuss]%20ICANN%20governance%20structure.EML/Images/spacer.gif> 7-Oct-98 - Transferring the Domain Name System to the Private Sector: Private Sector Implementation of the Administration's Internet White Paper. Testimony <http://www.house.gov/science/hearing.htm#Technology>  before U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science, Subcommittee on Basic Research and Subcommittee on Technology:

	Opening Statement of Honorable Charles W. "Chip" Pickering <http://www.house.gov/science/pickering_10-07.htm>  - Acting Chairman, Subcommittee on Basic Research
	Chairwoman Constance A. Morella <http://www.house.gov/science/morella_10-07.htm>  - Committee on Science
	Hon. James A. Barcia <http://www.house.gov/science/barcia_10-07.htm>  - Subcommittee on Technology
	Gabriel Battista <http://www.house.gov/science/battista_10-07.htm>  - CEO, Network Solutions, Inc. <http://www.netsol.com/>
	J. Beckwith Burr <http://www.house.gov/science/burr_10-07.htm>  - Associate Administrator (Acting), NTIA <http://www.ntia.gov/>
	Tamar Frankel <http://www.house.gov/science/frankel_10-07.htm>  - Professor of Law, Boston University; Chair, IFWP <http://www.ifwp.org/>
	Dr. Jon Postel <http://www.house.gov/science/postel_10-07.htm>  (read by Attorney Joe Sims) - Director, Computer Networks Divison, Information Sciences Institute; Administrator, IANA <http://www.iana.org/>
	Joe Sims, Esq. <http://www.wia.org/pub/sims-supp.htm>  Supplemental Submission - Attorney, ICANN <http://www.icann.org/>

We discussed this issue at length also in the WGIG. Here is an article I wrote in 2005

http://www.wgig.org/docs/book/Wolfgang_Kleinw%C3%A4chter%20.pdf

Wolfgang