[discuss] HomeRoot prototype - IPv4

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Thu Mar 20 00:46:11 UTC 2014

At 20:36 19/03/2014, John Curran wrote:
>Elisabeth -.
>
>Is there a VGNIC list (i.e. those interested in the VGN approach)
>that would be more appropriate for this message?  To the extent
>that we can minimize cross-posting, we'll all have more relevant
>email in our inboxes.

I understand this embarasses you. However, the HomeRoot prototype
out-puts - that everyone can duplicate - show the difference between
the IANA "single authoritative root file", the core matter of the
ICANN Internet Governance, and reality.

The study of the comparison shows that more than 90% of the root file
we use everyday (IPv4, VGNICS has not documented the IPv6 entries
yet) does not correspond to the Internet reality.

IMHO it is the most important news ever concerning the IG: one cannot
trust the ICANN/NTIA root file !!!! ICANN, IETF and NTIA use to lie
to world: the internet does not need the IANA root file to be
uniquely maintained at a M$ 100 budgetary cost: the internet works
well with a 90% imperfect IANA root file. Manual building a file
conforming to reality calls for half an hour. The target is to
automate it, make it cross checked, and run home by everyone in ten minutes.

There is no need for any international ICANN structure and internet
governance to rule the DNS: a free and open concerted DNSA mailing
list is enough.

M G.