[discuss] [governance] NTIA statement

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Mar 20 17:12:22 UTC 2014

At 17:10 20/03/2014, John Springer wrote:
>excerpt from page 8, fadi Chehade speaking :
>
>"Last thing I want to tell you is that we have assurances at the
>highest level now that the Brazil meeting will not include topics.
>It will not include topics. For all of us running around saying it's
>a summit about surveillance, it's neither a summit, it's neither
>about surveillance. Okay, let's be very comfortable with that."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topic%E2%80%93comment

We can feel confortable, the Brazil meeting will be about a nice cup
of tea, or a mug of cofee. It will only include comments on not a
single topic.

At last we know why some people on this list are going to spend in
T&L to&in Sao Paulo (just after Singapore) much more money than
needed by a FLOSS group to upgrade the Internet: this is NOT for
something on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_%28disambiguation%29 list.

In terms of surveillance; nominees for the Sao Paulo award are:

- ICANN for WhoIs
- NSA for PRISM
- ??? for Snowdenia
- IANA for "The Unique Authoritative Root" (Special April 1st Prize &
30th Anniversary)

jfc