[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Fri Mar 21 23:57:50 UTC 2014

At 19:57 21/03/2014, 'Andrew Sullivan' wrote:
>If you wish to argue there's a subversion of process, you will need a
>better argument better than insinuation of this sort.  We have plenty
>of process problems around the Internet without making up new ones
>that we don't have.

RFC 3869, IAB:

"The principal thesis of this document is that if commercial funding
is the main source of funding for future Internet research, the
future of the Internet infrastructure could be in trouble. In
addition to issues about which projects are funded, the funding
source can also affect the content of the research, for example,
towards or against the development of open standards, or taking
varying degrees of care about the effect of the developed protocols
on the other traffic on the Internet."

ISOC:

"Unqiue benefits for our Platinum Contributors

    * the opportunity to designate funds for sponsorship of specific
Internet activities and projects."
M G