[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

McTim mctimconsulting at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:06:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:

>  At 02:45 22/03/2014, McTim wrote:
>
> If you are trying to make an argument by quoting rfc3869 and then quoting
> a page from the ISOC website I think you will have to do better than that,
> as one is related to research and the Comcast partnership is about IETF
> meetings and other activities.  ISOC itself doesn't do research in the way
> that DNS-OARC or CAIDA or others do it.  ISOC does surveys mainly and
> recently economic effects of IXPs, etc.
>
> If you would prefer public funding for IETF activities, then please state
> that, otherwise, one can't tell what your argument is all about.
>

> I only do my collection, analysis and reporting job after sorting real,
> tricky, naive and noisy inputs, on this and other equivalent lists or fora
> where real infuencing strategies are observable.

So far, you are not even speculating that there is an 'influencing
strategy", you are merely posting random factoids seemingly in support of
the other MGs snide insinuations.

> To my knowledge DNS-OARC is a private club

This has nothing to do with what I pointed out about them, that they do
research of the kind that you suggested that the IETF does.

> of which the interest in users support is characterized by its
> https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/dnsentropy page which states: "On
> August 7, 2008, Dan Kaminsky <http://www.ioactive.com/kaminsky.html> will
> release additional details about these poisoning attacks. "

another tangental red-herring.

> CAIDA membership is beyond financial access to FLOSS IUsers and
> corporations interested in their market, what is my focussed area.

This doesn't mask the fact that they do research on 'future Internet issues"

My question to you still stands.

How would you like the IETF to be funded??

rgds,

McTim