[discuss] 1net Discuss Mailing List purpose (was: Re: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?)

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Mar 22 20:46:59 UTC 2014

On Mar 23, 2014, at 3:32 AM, Joseph Alhadeff <joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will join the chorus asking to be removed from this thread.  Is this initiated by some action of mine or the list administrator?

Joseph -

Thanks for your note!  It is helpful from time to time to step back
and consider these mailing list threads with respect to our goals.
I am not a list administrator, but am quite willing to remind the
participants (at least on the 1net list) what we are here to accomplish...

1net Mailing List Participants -

 The 1net discussion forum is intended to be a neutral, focused
 initiative working towards actionable collaborative solutions.

 Ergo, if anyone has a specific problem statement and proposed
 solution with regard to any issues raised by the cosponsorship
 announcement, feel free post the problem statement and your
 proposed solution to the 1net list for collaborative discussion.

 If that is not your intention, I would personally suggest that you
 find another mailing list for your general ruminations on the topic.

 I would note that there is already a remarkable amount of work to be done
 this year on existing problem statements and as such we will need to keep
 quite focused if we actually wish to succeed in developing collaborative
 actionable solutions.

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.