[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Sun Mar 23 15:40:30 UTC 2014

On 03/23/2014 03:16 PM, michael gurstein wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> As I  said before I am not sufficiently familiar with the IETF to comment on
> its internal processes.

But you have commented on those. And negatively. You are very
clearly contradicting yourself here IMO.

If you had said:

"However, the IETF is presented (and most of those involved appear to
enthusiastically welcome its role) as a significant element in, and even
exemplar of a multistakeholder model in operation."

...then I'd agree. The IETF is significant and a good example of that
kind of setup.

But I think the "MSism" term you used is laden with all sorts of
baggage of which I'm unaware so I don't actually get what you meant
and hence neither agree nor disagree with you.

S.