[discuss] BNA article on Internet transition by US Ambassador Sepulveda and US DoC Assistant Secretary Strickling

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Mon Mar 24 02:51:09 UTC 2014

How would you deal with the desire of a number of
governments/organizations to internationalize rather than globalize
Internet Governance without the controls that NTIA has placed on the
transition?  Seems to me that the sense of the list for a solution was
what they have offered...  You may consider this poker (or perhaps
bridge in light of trump cards..), but an immediate turnover to an as of
yet un-created/identified entity in a vacuum of process would have been
Russian Roulette with live rounds.  I'd prefer to see how the hand plays
out.

Joe