[discuss] American For-Profit at the Heart of Internet

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Mar 24 07:32:03 UTC 2014

Pranesh
Just curious as to why the emphasis on "for-profit" here. Obviously no one is charging for RZ server functions at this point. Is the implication that a nonprofit would provide better RZM service? Given that the most troublesome root server has been the (nonprofit) one run by the US military, that may not be true. Do you think it would be more trustworthy?