[discuss] Opportunity for input on the development process for IANAoversight transition plan

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Mar 24 09:22:33 UTC 2014

The draft timeline (link provided below) is nothing more than a list of
ICANN meetings, each described as a "meeting of the global multistakeholder
community". No other events are included.

Of course many, if not most, of the global multistakeholder community do not
attend ICANN meetings. Many people with only  a passing interest in the day
to day operations of ICANN have an interest in how this transfer of powers
is resolved.

One would hope consultation spreads well beyond the narrow set of
stakeholders involved in ICANN.

Ian Peter.