[discuss] Opportunity for input on the development process for IANAoversight transition plan

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Mar 25 22:43:38 UTC 2014

On Mar 24, 2014, at 5:22 PM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> The draft timeline (link provided below) is nothing more than a list of ICANN meetings, each described as a "meeting of the global multistakeholder community". No other events are included.
>
> Of course many, if not most, of the global multistakeholder community do not attend ICANN meetings. Many people with only  a passing interest in the day to day operations of ICANN have an interest in how this transfer of powers is resolved.
>
> One would hope consultation spreads well beyond the narrow set of stakeholders involved in ICANN.

Yes, one would hope and expect so.  From what I can tell, there is a very short window
to submit input regarding how that process should be done, if you wish it to be in the
first draft of the process document that will be sent out for community consultation -
see my attached summary to one of the IETF discussing lists regarding where we are
in the current IANA transition planning process (as best as I can discern)

/John

===
Begin forwarded message: