[discuss] Brazil's Marco Civil approved by Chamber of Deputies!!

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Wed Mar 26 00:44:34 UTC 2014

At 01:15 26/03/2014, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
>[sorry for eventual duplicates, you will understand why]
>Dear people, very good news from Brazil: after a nearly four-year
>battle, "Marco Civil da Internet" (Internet's Civil Rights
>Framework) was approved by the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies.
>
>Our dear ex-minister of Culture and staunch militant for the cause,
>Gilberto Gil, just posted on twitter:
>
>"Vencemos! O #MarcoCivil foi aprovado!! Por uma rede
>neutralizada,liberdade de expressão e proteção à privacidade!"
>"We won! #MarcoCivil has been approved!! For net neutrality, freedom
>of expression and protection of privacy!"

Bravo!
B R I L L I A N T  as in BRAZIL !!!

Would you have an URL for the final text, if possible in English.
I would suggest that this text be added to the press information on
netmubdial.br to show the world what the IG is about when enacted by a people.

I have a question for the Brazilian winners! (who also host the Sao
Paulo meeting): according to your new law, what is an Internet
stakeholder? What the place of ICANN?

M G