[discuss] Opportunity for input on the development process for IANA oversight transition plan

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Mar 26 01:03:53 UTC 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:

> At 11:08 25/03/2014, John Curran wrote:
>> Suggestions on how you want that to work need to be submitted asap, and there will be a draft of the process to be used put out for community review on 7 April 2014.
>
> Is such a small windows to make sure Govs do not have time enough to respond? Or is the topic on the GAC agenda in Singapore?

It's fairly hard to ask for specific feedback from the global community
without some form of document to review, so I believe drafting an initial
first draft of a process for developing the IANA Transition plan is a high
priority for that reason (once there is an initial draft, a lot of folks
are likely to have a much easier time engaging in a concrete manner.)

However, it should not take long to write up any high-level thoughts you
may have on process and related issues (to be considered along with
discussions from the ICANN meeting in Singapore) -  anyone who has such
thoughts or suggestions should get them submitted asap.

FYI,
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.