[discuss] What kind of "governance" do you want? (was Re: What is MSism?)

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Mon Mar 31 08:53:34 UTC 2014

Hi Andrea,
At 22:33 30-03-2014, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>How is this *not* "taking public policy into account when developing
>technical standards":
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-perpass-attack/ ?
>
>(The fact that the document goes to great lengths to not take a
>position on the merits of what it defines "pervasive monitoring"
>does not, in my view, change the fact that such "pervasive
>monitoring" is, obviously, an issue of public policy of great
>importance, whatever opinion one might have about it).

I read that draft.  I also read
https://twitter.com/mattblaze/status/438842253751365633  What is
obvious is that there are organizations which have been spying on
internet traffic.  The draft states a policy about considering that
fact when developing technical standards.

It is a matter of what kind of security do you want.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy