[discuss] African take on Net Neutrality

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue May 13 12:54:42 UTC 2014

One might ask though what kind of online space it is that these
zero-rated services create. It has certainly not much to do with what I
associate with the Internet.

Given that an unrestricted Internet access might never be able to
compete with a zero $ data contract, these quick and cheap solutions
could become a curse should they create public resistence against net
neutrality regulation.
jeanette