[discuss] African take on Net Neutrality

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 16:12:50 UTC 2014

Looks like everyone has different meaning for Net Neutrality. Let me add my own. Net Neutrality is when our colleagues in the developed countries block packets from African Countries destined to multimedia content hosted in the North.  In africa we are used to accessing websites hosted in North and finding a message -"this content is NOT available to your region".

Ofcourse various reasons exists but one is commercial.  Why have african "eyes" watching your free online video when they rarely buy the advertised products? "African" packets therefor add more load to the network without much returns. So just drop the packet :-)

walu.