[discuss] Internet: the INTER-connection of local NET-works

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:03:44 UTC 2014

Am 04/05/2014 2:37, schrieb Sivasubramanian M:
> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:30 PM, willi uebelherr
>> These local networks have a maximum of sovereignity and independenence,
>> because they maintain all the necessary resources and functions locally.
>> These local networks are organized by the local people themselves.
>
> ​The problem is here. This model could only lead to *control* at a local
> level, and could lead to directives on what the local network is *permitted*​
> to place on the internet and what the local network is *permitted* to
> access. Such control would not only be introduced at the local community
> level, but the local communities would be geographically cluster into
> National Networks, severely subject to National Laws, and each National
> Network would decide what to allow and what to disallow.  It would not be
> Internet then.
>
> By extension, it might follow that the local / national networks would
> determine what networks to connect to and what networks not to connect to.
>
> And, what is the full technical significance of your suggestion that "we
> should strive for a symmetrical system of coordinates" ? To bind the local
> user to local laws?

Dear Sivasubramanian,

what is to control? We have to create transportpathes, ways for
transport data packets between the local networks. And to define a
description structure, that all nodes on the way know the destination
address. More is not to do.

What is a "National Network"? Never i speak about. So, i don't
understand your argumentations. Of course, we have different local
languages and we have to find ways, that all people of the world can
communicate together very easy. But this has nothing to do with any
nationalism.

many greetings, willi
Jinotepe, Nicaragua

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.