[discuss] Internet: the INTER-connection of local NET-works

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Fri May 23 02:21:36 UTC 2014

Willi,

the benefit of hindsight shows us an idea to which yours is similar,
proposed to use coordinates as identifiers in the DNS. It came from the
Sarnoff labs in 2000, was analyzed thoroughly and found not scalable,
didn't fly.

But as I said, test is the test... hope we can soon see running code.

Alejandro Pisanty

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:20 PM, willi uebelherr
<willi.uebelherr at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Alejandro,
>
> "...leads to at least the same need for additional layers of indirection
> and abstraction as the one it aims ro replace; that is true also in the new
> explanation provided."
>
> This you have to substantiate.
>
> And "indirection"? I don't know, what should be indirect. We have no
> indirection on any levels or layers.
>
> And "scalability"? what we have to scale? Our address space is much more
> of that, what we need. Of course, we have to build the inter connection
> pathes on a high level of capacity. Much more of that, what we need. This
> is true.
>
> But the most of the nonsense today we don't need. And we don't like to
> make nonsense. We use our energy and activity to create the best, what we
> can do together.
>
> In this context we have always two activity areas. First to destroy the
> nonsense. Second, to develope that, what we need on that level of quality,
> what we want.
>
> But in general, this is a cooperative process. Never only few people can
> decide behind closed doors or with special permissions. There is no field
> for special privileges for decicions.
>
> many greetings, willi
> Jinotepe, Nicaragua
>

> Am 22/05/2014 16:51, schrieb Alejandro Pisanty:
>
>> Willi,
>>
>> the proposal, as soon as you start developing it in more detail and
>> investigating its scalability, leads to at least the same need for
>> additional layers of indirection and abstraction as the one it aims ro
>> replace; that is true also in the new explanation provided.
>>
>> The same happens with the "governance" layers once you sketch out the
>> numbers and types of agreements needed, the need for mathematical "onto"
>> univocal resolution of identifiers across indirection layers, and the
>> possibility of controversy. Further, its scalability doesn't look any
>> promising.
>>
>> At any rate, a more quantitative technical document and the results of a
>> mock-up laboratory test would illuminate the perceived advantages. Have
>> any
>> of either been done?
>>
>> Alejandro Pisanty
>>

> ---
> Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast!
> Antivirus está activa.

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty