[discuss] CSTD report/survey on the hundreds of places Internet policy is being worked on

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at internet-ecosystem.org
Tue Nov 25 11:54:17 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I know we all get overloaded with reports to read, but I thought I’d highlight one that is really worth the time.

The CSTD WGEC started the effort to map the many institutions, organisations and processes were policy with an Internet dimension is being addressed; the CSTD Secretariat has taken that effort and built upon it, releasing a report that will get discussed at the CSTD this Thursday.

The report - "The mapping of international Internet public policy issues [Advanced Version]” is here: http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/CSTD_2014_Mapping_Internet_en.pdf <http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/CSTD_2014_Mapping_Internet_en.pdf>

The database is here: http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/CSTD_2014_Mapping_InternetDatabase_en.pdf <http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/CSTD_2014_Mapping_InternetDatabase_en.pdf>

This makes clear that there really are no ‘orphan issues’ but there is clearly a coordination problem; I know there are quite a few on this list who have seen this for a long time and as a Geneva-based policy person I’ve been a victim of it myself for the last 8 years ;)

Regards, Nick