[discuss] [ccnso-igrg] Two accountability questions - help pls- Workshop 23 - ICANN accountability

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Tue Sep 2 09:23:52 UTC 2014

Dear Jordan,

My view on those two issues:

1. ICANN's accountability is (primarily) a subject for the ICANN
community. You will note that I have removed the word „internal” as I do
not think that is an appropriate description of that community

2. No. If ICANN continues to execute the IANA function (and it should in
my opinion), than the stewardship role should be elsewhere. This because
that role has a oversight/supervisory component over the execution. It
(the stewardship role) could however be placed in a structure that also
has a oversight/supervisory role over the whole of ICANN. E.g. as an
independent component of ICANN’s governance structure

Best regards,

Roelof A. Meijer
CEO

SIDN | Meander 501 | 6825 MD | P.O.
Box 5022 | 6802 EA | ARNHEM | THE NETHERLANDS
T +31 (0)26 352 55 00 | M +31 (0)6 11 395 775 | F +31 (0)26 352 55 05
roelof.meijer at sidn.nl