[discuss] Draft statement on making IGF permanent

Christian de Larrinaga cdel at firsthand.net
Tue Sep 2 14:15:21 UTC 2014

What is the number one priority for IGF?  Permanence doesn't do it for
me when the buy in across the UN and elsewhere is so patchy. There seem
to me to be three key things that need accomplishing.

-  Stakeholder engagement including commitments to financial and human
resources for at least three preferably five years.
-  Establish processes to build multi stakeholder engagement to develop
key objectives including at UN and other key communities
-  Stimulate dialogue and reportage including events, publications,
research, and education.

I'm not claiming to have captured it all but hopefully a step towards.

?

Christian