[discuss] [IANAxfer] [ccnso-igrg] Two accountability questions - help pls- Workshop 23 - ICANN accountability

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Sep 4 14:23:18 UTC 2014

Jordan,

On Sep 4, 2014, at 2:22 AM, Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz> wrote:
> I think the root cause of the angst is ICANN's culture, and its failure to conceive of its role as primarily serving the community.

I'm honestly curious.  Who do you believe ICANN (I presume the corporate entity, as opposed to the various SOs, ACs, and other stakeholder groups) conceives itself as “primarily serving”?  Can you give examples of what you believe to be “its failure”?

Thanks,
-drc
(ICANN CTO, but speaking only for myself)