[discuss] [ianatransition] Fwd: [IP] WSJ: The Internet Power Vacuum Worsens

Nigel Roberts nigel at roberts.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 17:42:21 UTC 2014

Patricio is, as I would expect, absolutely correct.

And it's very important to note the distinction between policy that is
either binding, or is taken to be so by the actors involed, and a "news
memo" which Jon dashed off when he was getting awkward letters from a
number of governments asking him why he "gave away the countries TLDs"
to private individuals and companies.