[discuss] [IANAxfer] [ccnso-igrg] Two accountability questions - help pls- Workshop 23 - ICANN accountability

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Sep 11 19:15:35 UTC 2014

It must be noted that the quest for an "independent judiciary" aligns well with the delusion of a single, global higher authority, i.e. the delusion of a world government.

Huh? I see some delusions here, but not where you think they are.
ICANN is nothing if not a single, global authority. The idea that it would have an appeals mechanism and some constitutional limits on its authority is fairly simple, reasonable, and – dare I say it – popular with the exception of ICANN managment and former board members.

Milton L Mueller
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org