[discuss] [bestbits] [governance] FW: New Blogpost: Is There a Global Internet Community

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Wed Apr 1 10:54:36 UTC 2015

Community without a qualifier, is just buzzword.
Here are Merriam-Webster definitions:

COMMUNITY

: a group of people who live in the same area (such as a city, town, or
neighborhood)

: a group of people who have the same interests, religion, race, etc.

: a group of nations

It could be a few, or zillions, of anything. Let's compare with ...

GANG

: a group of criminals

: a group of young people who do illegal things together and who often
fight against other gangs

: a group of people who are friends and who do things together

Those definitions are at least much more meaningful.

Anyway, fuzzy expressions are worthless in legal documents.
  .
Louis.
- - -