[discuss] [bestbits] Internet Governance in Latin America research project

Valeria Betancourt valeriab at apc.org
Thu Apr 23 13:44:10 UTC 2015

Dear Renata,

Just to add to what Renata Avila mentions, I would be also happy to
share with you an overview of the evolution of the LAC IGF process
which started in 2008 as an attempt to offer a platform for political
dialogue among the various stakeholders on internet governance from a
Latin American perspective.
http://www.lacigf.org/en/index.html

It has been a consistent multistakeholder effort around IG since then.
Civil society organisations including NUPEF and APC have been actively
involved since its inception and the space is currently enriched by
the increased participation of governments. Let us know if you want to
have more details about this and other work in the region on IG matters.

Valeria