[discuss] Search underway for the future CEO of ICANN

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:51:19 UTC 2015

All,

As you may know, Fadi Chehadé, the CEO of ICANN, has announced his intent to leave the organization as of mid-March 2016.

ICANN has formed a search committee for the new CEO, of which I am the chair.  We've opened an e-mail address for interested parties, ceo-search-cmte-only at icann.org, in order to collect comments regarding the search, the qualifications of candidates, the job description, and the special characteristics of best applicants.  It's open until July 12, 2015.  Please feel free to contribute your views. You should also have no hesitation in spreading the word about the search and suggest strong candidates for consideration when the job specifics are available.

I'll get back to these lists about mid-July with an updated job description and qualifications statement for the position.

George Sadowsky