[discuss] Access at the cost of Net neutrality?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Sat Oct 10 14:34:50 UTC 2015

Dear friends,

this mail i received on the [governance] list. But, i think, it is a
general question.

Based on the transport mechanism, and only of that, Net neutrality means
the neutrality of transport. This is possible, because we never look
inside the data. Who is the sender, who the receiver, what protocol is used.

But we have two different transport types. Asynchron and synchron. The
mostly, what we use, is asynchron. We have no time restriction.

Synchron means, that we have some time restriction and we have to follow
it. But we know, the synchron packets are mostly very small.

And in the synchron packet stream, we have only one with the highest
priority: The emergency call of people. Never any packets from state
institutions, military and paramilitary organisations, private
organisation and so on. Only packets, to inform people that other people
need our help.

This principles comes from the real processing of transport of digital
data in packet form. It have nothing to do with, what people speak
about, they sit in any office or meetings and speak about.

I do not understand, why Guru speak about "Inetnet.org" or similar
things. It is not our theme. Our themes are, to organize a InterNet,
that is really a InterNet. We always see only fog clouds. And i ask you:
Why?

many greetings, willi
Georgetown, Guyana (brit. Guiana)