[discuss] We have had four years since the Netmundial statement and the online world is getting worse

Nicolas Fiumarelli nicocamarao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:33:46 UTC 2018

Hello everyone. Nicolas Fiumarelli from Youth IGF Uruguay.
Like Ian, I think the fact that 4 years have passed from this activity
makes me reflect and think, since then there has been no activity that has
a multistakeholder mechanism as strong as it was when the call for comments
on the statement happened. If there is any way to rescue that technology,
which allowed comments on the paragraphs online. I think it was a very good
moment, in fact I can say with certainty that that was the boom of the
technology applied to multistakeholder modeling for creating agreements
between hundreds of interested parties .. And as Ian said, I do not like
the idea of waiting for things to be in resolved nation states acting
unilaterally when we already have experience of these digital and dynamic
multistakeholder ways of resolving things. My advice is to return to these
practices where technology takes a particular role in making decisions or
"agreements." I repeat, I have not seen an activity as transparent and open
as it was the setting of that statement in NETMundial.

Nico Fiumarelli.