[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 18:52:29 UTC 2013

On 22/12/2013 05:36, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> 8. Expected outcomes as success indicators
>
> - Official launching of a review process of the global IG frameworks/models;
>
> - Development of a set of universally acceptable core of principles for
> global IG;
>
> - Tentative draft of a global IG model.

Thanks for the update. However, I find these objectives very disturbing.
They seem to assume
(a) That there is a problem caused by defective IG.
(b) That the solution is a "global IG model".

I am not aware that either of these assumptions have been justified.
That should be the starting point IMHO.

   Brian Carpenter