[discuss] [governance] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Dec 22 16:50:33 UTC 2013

In message <52B6F397.3070209 at cafonso.ca>, at 12:13:43 on Sun, 22 Dec
2013, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> writes
>I did not say that, did I? I meant what I said.

So if I understand you correctly, the one and only way to get nominated
for the 'Brazil meeting' is to submit your name *via* the
as-yet-not-convened 1net steering committee, who being "only a conduit"
have no remit to filter or preselect the names at all?

If that's the case, why introduce this extra step.

>On 12/22/2013 11:49 AM, Roland Perry wrote:
>> In message <52B61230.9030602 at cafonso.ca>, at 20:12:00 on Sat, 21 Dec
>> 2013, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> writes
>>> No, not at all. 1Net is the conduit only.
>>
>> Still confused. Do you mean "1Net is *one of* at least two independent
>> conduits" - the other being direct nominations?
>>
>>> The StComm will receive the nominations from the stakeholders.
>>>
>>> Hope it works...
>>>
>>> frt rgds
>>>
>>> --c.a.

Roland Perry