[discuss] Academic sector appointments to the 1net steering committee

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 18:09:43 UTC 2013

Hello Milton,

I don't understand what is going on here. How can we say we are looking to
have a more inclusive internet Governance(through 1Net) and yet its
committee representation does not reflect such. If there are 5 people to be
nominated doesn’t it naturally determine the region for representation.
What happened to Africa institution as this list does not seem to represent
them in anyway? what is the process taken to come up with these names? and
why is it giganet that is leading in this?

On a lighter note, i have observe and almost convinced that it seem
representation in 1net is still very much US centric(Yet to be convinced
otherwise).

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*