[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Dec 24 12:05:19 UTC 2013

Thx! I am collecting all suggestions, questions, doubts about the
process, and will present a compilation to our upcoming online meeting
on Dec.27.

Personally: we know the border between civil society and academia is not
so clear, the same with the border between academia and the "technical
community", but we do know there will be eight places in the HL for
civil society+academia+technical comm... I think the communities
themselves will have to sort this out. 1Net is viewing (if it does view
anything clearly) three sectors: business, tech, and CS. So somehow we
will have to accomodate all non-gov interests within these 12 creatures.

frt rgds

--c.a.