[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Dec 25 16:41:13 UTC 2013

At 12:50 25/12/2013, Roland Perry wrote:
>In message <145934B2-06F0-4611-9702-6300F37CC6C1 at gmail.com>, at
>18:52:59 on Tue, 24 Dec 2013, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> writes
>
>>IPv4 -> IPv6 s not a problem to solve, it's just a job to do.
>
>With my SME hat on it's a problem because it means replacing just
>about all my infrastructure (hardware and software), several of
>which are legacy and will never be updated by their suppliers.
>
>As for "Governance" issues, I'm not sure the traceability issues
>have all been solved (either for users who wish to be less
>traceable, or law enforcement who wish users to be more traceable).
>And that's just one aspect.

Roland,

I am afraid that this list has mostly become nth occurrence of the
same ICANN/ATLARGE/ISOC etc. etc. debate that last for more thane a
decade: "let rebuild the world along my line and let vote on the way
we will vote it among ourselves".

It is becoming really boring. Over and over the lists and the years.

The same/new people, the same ideas, the same structures ... if it
worked we would know it. After the US for the people, GS1 is having a
try for the objects. Merging barcodes and IPv6 is an interesting
idea. It comes from IBM, Fadi, or from Dilma (the rfided coffee
grains? - may be time we open the http://perfida.org mailing list?).

I suggest we give ourselves a Xmas gift: we stop posting on this
trap-list for the day. (1) we take care of our familiies, and (2)
consider, further on, how what we might post is actually worth for
them the time we steal from them.

Myself, I have some familly administrative work to do and then,
listening music with the familly, I will start studying my Xmas gift:
a documentation on LISP and RFC 6830.
Cheers.
jfc

http://tandaabiashara.com/sao-paulo-prepares-to-host-international-conference-on-internet-governance/