[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Dec 26 11:06:52 UTC 2013

On 06:17 26/12/2013, S Moonesamy said:
>Does the action of the IETF (see above paragraph) qualify as governing?

No, but it needs to be governed.

The problem is that we confuse four planes that make every
stewardhsip (in our case the networked stewardship of a network of
networks, on top of which everyone build its own virtual networks).

- administration, i.e. the language, tools, methods, etc. (adminance)
- short term operationality:  technics best practices, rules, and
contacts (operance)
- mid term management: technology, standards, laws, and international
agreements (governance)
- long term constructs: science, norms, treaties, architectural
agreements (concordance)

For example: MSism is a method to commonly prepare individual decisions.

Demanding more to a plane or a method than its purpose is the surest
path from confusion to broader confusion.

jfc