[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

Grigori Saghyan gregor at arminco.com
Fri Dec 27 18:56:27 UTC 2013

Deae All,
there is lot of different services, who are able to assign unique numbers:
Credit/debt  cards numbering, bar codes, phone country codes and DNIC
codes, IATA airport codes,  amateur radio country  codes, etc.
 In some cases   IGOs are responsible to allocation, in that case
possible to say, that it is "regulation". For credit card numbers
responsible agency is a non governmental structure - banks with their
internal agreements,   for bar codes it is also non-governmental
commercial  structure. For phone numnrs it is ITU.  But in case of IP
addresses allocation  a  non-governmental structure is able to  create
a global problem for governments. This is the main topic of discussion.
Grigori Saghyan
ISOC.AM

*From:* discuss-bounces at 1net.org [discuss-bounces at 1net.org] on behalf of