[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 20:12:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:

>  At 19:45 25/12/2013, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>
> we should however strive to achieve as much privacy as possible through
> participating in various discussion to ensure that our current privacy is
> not further infringed upon (in the name of security).
>

> Seun,
> with who do you want to efficiently discuss bit's behavior?
>
> Perhaps with the UN through a more inclusive internet governance framework
;)

>  There is nothing to discuss. There is a technical job to complete: i.e.
> the catenet architecture of which the internet was the limited test (IEN 48
> : "to define the objectives and limitations of the ARPA-internetworking
> project and to make explicit the catenet model on which the internetworking
> strategy is based.").
>
> Hmm....i don't think so, its discussion continues. If there is noting to
discuss then we should all just forget snowden and don't think of any of
its effects, Brazil should forget being spied upon by the US and perhaps
some section of the Montevideo statement should not have been necessary.
Whether the Internet as we have it now is technically incomplete is a
different issue which the techies should look into how to fix it. However
the fact remains that this new technology called internet unfortunately or
fortunately has been widely accepted by many and its users carry along
their rights which should not be infringed upon.

Cheers!--

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*