[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Dec 28 19:33:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

Yep, I had some trouble understanding that exchange.

Indeed in their role as 'representatives' of a group of citizens and
residents who have local geographically determined interests, they are
among the stakeholders.  Additionally as signatories to Human Rights
covenants, they have committed to protect their citizen's human rights
(without judging the degree to which this is proven more in the breech).

What is missing from the working* definition is any indication of a
special sovereignty over the Internet for governments.  They only role
they have in governing is as one of the stakeholders in areas in which
they may some capabilities and responsibilities.

avri

* a working definition is one that is only a draft definition,  useful
until it has been used, tested and perhaps revised to become a full
definition.