[discuss] ICANN accountability and Internet Governance Principles

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Apr 1 16:29:55 UTC 2014

At 17:45 01/04/2014, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>Is there a need to substitute a symbolic funtion? Just delete it and
>you avoid "symbolic" battles and arm-twisting.

You also do not address the NTIA squaring the circle attempt. All
those who do not want to get arm-twisted by L. Strikling will agree.
This is what is going to happen anyway.
However, is that the best for all? There might be ways to shake-hand
with him, with a good deal for all. But we need Russia, China, India,
EU, Arabic countries in the loop. We will see the mood in/after Sao
Paulo. For the time being /1net did not get them excited.

jfc