[discuss] Current drive

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:28:44 UTC 2014

Dear Fouad

It is the same ball game.  IANA has always been part of ICANN, the
"transition" does not mean ICANN taking on a new function that has been
completely out of its sphere of responsibility.  Transition is actually an
excessive word, I would have preferred "autonomy" or a similar word to
"transition".  The same functions that ICANN now performs by being an
Umbrella for IANA, ICANN would continue to do, without US Government
oversight. This is both symbolic and functionally desirable by the Global
Community which always wanted the NTIA oversight somewhat unnecessary.

I would agree with you on one aspect. It is now time for ICANN to make
greater improvements.

Sivasubramanian M