[discuss] ICANN proposal for NTIA transition published

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Apr 9 14:42:42 UTC 2014

27 meetings to go. Probably thousands of pages to read. I am a simple
master of his own VGN who wants as billions to optimize his Internet
use and protection. What is in all this for me?

I now use a simple metric before wasting time on a document: I run a
find on "use" in it (if any) which corresponds to standalone Internet
use, or user.
* I found only one remote allusion in the ICANN page: they want to
coordinate with special use registries.
* In the scope, I found none.

1. So I am not concerned. Good.
2. Can I be affected? It seems not as ICANN adopt a two reasonable
two steps process adapted the Sao Paulo leak.
2.1. to adapt itself.
2.2. to adapt its IANA service to the then prevailing circumstances.
In the scope it provides a nice illustration which evidences that:
2.2.1. there are four functions with a development accountable
organization (DAO). Two are of general purpose, two are of Class IN interest.
2.2.2. the content of these functions is generically called the
"IANA" for which ICANN provides a centralized repository and
presentation service.

As a standalone VGN operator I am only interested in a consistent
updated content of all the technology and networking parameters I
use, i.e. a metadata distrubuted registry protocol (MDRP) this four
Internet DAOs, and all the non-internet layers ones will use.

I therefore understand that the ball is in the IAB field: a consensus
would be welcome on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-iana-framework-02.txt within a
conxtext where there is no selected groups with different equal
footing layers, and a regular appeal procedure.

jfc