[discuss] Wikileaks releases Penultimate NetMundial Outcome Document

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Apr 11 11:38:59 UTC 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 8:25 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09-Apr-14 19:07, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> Good to know that the organisers have kindly prepared the
>> conclusions before the meeting. While that technique is often
>> practiced by people trying to avoid the inconvenience of argument
>> and dissent, it's hardly in the spirit of open debate and the
>> emergence of a true consensus at the meeting itself.
>
> A lot of people submitted contributions.  They are working on a
> synthesis (of which it was allegedly the penultimate) that we will then
> discuss, rip apart, put back together, add to & subtract from, between
> now and the end of NETMundial.
>
> Seems a reasonable process for a conference that starts with
> contributions and tries to end with output, done with as many
> stakeholders as possible in participation.

And just to add, it was proposed as the process in late January after the first meeting of the EMC ("program committee").

Draft input documents based on contributions will be made available soon.  Comments will be taken between now and the meeting.  These documents and the comments received will be used as the basis of documents to be discussed at the 2 day meeting in Sao Paulo.

Adam