[discuss] Dear ICANN - Feedback

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 05:13:48 UTC 2014

Hi all, hi George:

On 15 April 2014 15:59, George Sadowsky <george.sadowsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>

> In retrospect, I wish that we had worked more on problem statements before
> rushing into discussions about solutions.  When I read contributions to
> this list and to others, often I am not sure what problem is being solved,
> and in fact whether it is even a problem.

I would like to record my strong support for the work you have been doing
to achieve precisely that outcome - to carefully define problems and help
build consensus.

What I wish we would focus on a bit now is to ensure that the scope of the
process ICANN is about to lead us all through is adequate to the task, and
that the process itself is broadly based enough.

We'll share some initial thinking on that from our neck of the woods in the
next day or so.

best,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*