[discuss] Troll

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 20:50:01 UTC 2014

Are there others out there who would agree with me that this list is being overwhelmed by messages from at least one troll?  In particular messages that make ludicrous claims, provide nonsensical analysis, follow arbitrary directions and altogether are seriously disruptive to the conversation taking place?

In my view this list is too important and already too time consuming to allow any trolls to disrupt it in this way.

If so then what if any process do we have for removing such a troll?

I note that the IETF, which is a long established multi-stakeholder organisation has also had problems like this and working group chairs have very occasionally had to ban people from posting to mailing lists.  Those bans were then subject to two levels of appeal:

https://www.ietf.org/iesg/appeal.html
https://www.iab.org/appeals/

cheers
Jay

PS I will post a similar message to the IANA transition list.

--
Jay Daley
Chief Executive