[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 22:07:36 UTC 2014

Carlos,

if a request for a clear problem statement is considered stone-throwing we
had better not attend NetMundial at all.

I understand that the rest of the organization is trying to remain open to
ideas and challenges, and surely Carlos's reaction to my polite request is
not representative of the whole. I still expect Brazil to be as usual a
welcoming host.

Alejandro Pisanty

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

> Dear folks, I forgot to say that I expect some hard stone-throwing...
> but also good comments.
>
> fraternal regards
>
> --c.a.
>
> On 04/15/2014 06:55 PM, Alejandro Pisanty wrote:
> > Carlos
> >
> > so many of your statements here are false or twisted in your assumed
> > implications that it hurts. No time to go over each of them; plus it may
> > become one more massive distraction. Let's go on to something concrete:
> >
> > How do you propose to fix it? can you provide an example of a system
> > that works like you wish to be the outcome of NetMundial? Like, a
> > country that has started some serious, scalable fixes? Direct
> > cause-effect links would be preferrable. Pick any paragraph if you don't
> > want to go over the whole list at once.
> >
> > Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty