[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Victor Ndonnang ndonnang at nvconsulting.biz
Wed Apr 16 12:33:16 UTC 2014

Hi Seun

De : discuss-bounces at 1net.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at 1net.org] De la part de Seun Ojedeji
Envoyé : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:18 AM
À : S Moonesamy
Cc : discuss at 1net.org
Objet : Re: [discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.

"

> I suggest that stakeholders start donating money to open source projects on which they rely on.

++1 like openssl developer lead said in a recent blog post; they hardly receive more then 2000USD of donation in a year! This is a tool that many Organization and  government use for their billion dollar projects. So when we get a bug (like the recent heartbeat) we cry foul!

So Bugs and such incidents are ways for OpenSSL Project to receive more donations? Definitely users have to think twice before embracing “free” tools, service, and software…Nothing is free! The broken thing to fix here is Trust. I hope soon we will fix all those issues (IPv6, Privacy, Security and Trust) and move to the “Production Version” of the Internet. I wonder how we can have them all.

Best Regards,

Victor.

Regards