[discuss] NTIA "Oversight" (was Dear ICANN - Feedback)

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Apr 16 13:27:09 UTC 2014

At 06:02 16/04/2014, Shatan, Gregory S. wrote:
>to post my thoughts on defining and replacing  NTIA's "oversight" to
>this list (originally posted to ianatransition).

This is wise thinking.

May I add that a key part of the puzzle: the intrinsic internal
change of the governed matter. The international network since its
inception in 1977 has been oversighted by the USG. Removing or
replacing the oversight is possibly a change in the internet itself
as we know and discuss it. So in addition to the political evaluation
dimension you have to add an architectural dimension, where you also
have minimalists and maximalists. And then to add interactions
between these two dimensions. This is the least you can do.

There is another set of dimensions which corresponds to the
contextual (big data, scientific evolution, cyberwar, inteligent use,
edge providers, intelligent systemics, singularity, etc.) evolution
that probably co-triggered the need for oversight change . However,
just considering the oversight limited to these two dimensions should
be enough for a start.

jfc