[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Thu Apr 17 11:16:43 UTC 2014

In the same vein, a blogger is murdered by order of a politician, it is
not per se a theme of Internet governance -- but freedom of expression is.

The point is: I am not saying that specific events are per se themes of
Internet governance, and you may continue to build a near infinite list
of events ending with the same phrase or question.

My point is that the events I quoted reveal that international
coordination related to the development, operation and maintenance of
the net need a lot of improvement and more efficacy. Like killing
bloggers is an indication that we need to strongly advocate for the
universalization of freedom of expression.

I find it amazing that some brillant techies cannot perceive that, or
worse, that they see any diagnostics like mine as threats to the
wonderful work they do (and it is indeed wonderful, but still the
coordination of the "grand scheme of things" is faulty, needs
significant improvement, it is a very relevant component of IG which
needs to be discussed and advanced).

fraternal regards

--c.a.