[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Fri Apr 18 22:51:46 UTC 2014

Correct, and as a regular participant of the LACNIC processes, I can
testify this is true. But of course the organization has obligations, or
is accountable, to the bearer of the NTIA contract to run names, numbers
and protocols. No big deal, since the process run by the RIRs who
coordinate themselves through NRO is beyond any suspicion, technically
competent and I would be the last to complain.

This works so well that we, as members of a RIR, can even forget there
is this oversight. And the point may be moot soon, depending on the
outcome of NTIA's recent promise of "dégagement".

fraternal regards

--c.a.